Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 5 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1025.2 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Washington DC, Reagan National Airport (KDCA)
Lat: 38.86 Lon: -77.03 Elev: 16ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 27. West wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Light south wind.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow between 8am and 2pm, then rain. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE