Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedSW 3 mph
- Barometer30.26 in (1025.9 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
Current conditions at
Chicago Executive Airport (KPWK)
Lat: 42.11 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 646ft.
Arlington Heights IL
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow. Low around 14. West wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Wednesday Snow before 9am. Temperature falling to around 5 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -12. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6. Wind chill values as low as -24. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -18. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow showers after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Friday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday Snow. Cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Sunday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE