Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 10 mph
- Barometer30.37 in (1029.5 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Executive Airport (KPWK)
Lat: 42.11 Lon: -87.9 Elev: 646ft.
Arlington Heights IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, mainly after 1pm. High near 26. East southeast wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 19. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -7. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Tuesday Night A 30 percent chance of snow after 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday A 30 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Wednesday Night A chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE