Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.53 in (1034.6 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Hartness State Springfield Airport (KVSF)
Lat: 43.34 Lon: -72.52 Elev: 577ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 9 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 4pm, then rain and sleet likely between 4pm and 5pm, then rain likely, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle and sleet after 5pm. High near 35. Southeast wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Monday Night A chance of freezing drizzle and sleet, mainly before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. West wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 27. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20. Northwest wind around 7 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 23. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. West wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 24. Light west wind.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Windsor County, VT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE