Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.37 in
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Luray Caverns Airport (KLUA)
Lat: 38.67 Lon: -78.5 Elev: 903ft.
Lacey Spring VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 29. West wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 29. South wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Snow likely before 1pm, then rain and snow. High near 37. Light southeast wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow likely, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rockingham County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE