Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 12 mph
- Barometer30.22 in (1024.4 mb)
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Olathe, New Century Aircenter (KIXD)
Lat: 38.83 Lon: -94.89 Elev: 1087ft.
Baldwin City KS
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 25. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Rain or freezing rain likely before 4pm, then rain and snow between 4pm and 5pm, then snow after 5pm. Patchy fog before 7am. High near 38. South wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night Snow before 1am, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Low around 22. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle before 7am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 29. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Douglas County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE