Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.56 in (1001.1 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Somerville, Somerset Airport (KSMQ)
Lat: 40.62°N Lon: 74.67°W Elev: 105ft.
Basking Ridge NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Today A slight chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 60. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Rain showers, snow, and sleet before 2am, then a chance of sleet. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 20. Blustery, with a south wind 11 to 16 mph becoming northwest 17 to 22 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 27. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 22 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 11. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Light west wind becoming southwest 9 to 14 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Somerset County, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE