Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 9 mph
- Barometer29.86 in (1011.8 mb)
- Dewpoint53°F (12°C)
- Visibility0.75 mi
- Wind Chill50°F (10°C)
Current conditions at
Chicopee Falls / Westover Air Force Base (KCEF)
Lat: 42.21 Lon: -72.53 Elev: 246ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 4pm. Areas of fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 39 by 5pm. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all snow after 3am. Low around 27. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Light and variable wind becoming northwest around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 1pm. High near 37. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Hampshire, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE