Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 10 mph
- Barometer30.46 in (1033.1 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Harrison, Boone County Airport (KHRO)
Lat: 36.28 Lon: -93.15 Elev: 1106ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 34. North wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 12. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 43. Wind chill values between 7 and 17. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Rain or freezing rain likely, becoming all rain after 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 38. South wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Friday Night Rain likely before midnight, then a chance of snow and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 29. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday A slight chance of snow before noon, then a slight chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Light northwest wind becoming north 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind around 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 28. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 49. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 32. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 52. West wind around 10 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Carroll County, AR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE