Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 10 mph
- Barometer30.14 in (1021.1 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Allentown Lehigh Valley International Airport (KABE)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -75.43 Elev: 390ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind around 8 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. West wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 31. East wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow and sleet before 1am, then sleet likely between 1am and 4am, then a chance of freezing rain and sleet after 4am. Low around 28. East wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of freezing rain and sleet before 9am, then a slight chance of sleet between 9am and 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northampton County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE