Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.02 in (1016.1 mb)
- Dewpoint53°F (12°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after noon. High near 69. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Showers before midnight, then rain likely, mainly between midnight and 3am. Low around 39. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of rain, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 48. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 42. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Showers. High near 57. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 50. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Showers. High near 53. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 54.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE