Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.25 in
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Virginia Tech Airport (KBCB)
Lat: 37.21 Lon: -80.41 Elev: 2133ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 22. Light west wind increasing to 9 to 14 mph in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 33. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 17. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 44. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A chance of snow and sleet after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Light southwest wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Sleet before 11am, then rain. High near 38. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before 8pm. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Montgomery County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE