Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 6 mph
- Barometer29.84 in
- Dewpoint43°F (6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill50°F (10°C)
Current conditions at
Virginia Tech Airport (KBCB)
Lat: 37.21°N Lon: 80.41°W Elev: 2133ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 41. West wind around 9 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 70. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 47. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 8am. High near 62. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain showers before 1am, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 1am and 2am, then a chance of snow showers after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Windy, with a northwest wind around 26 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Montgomery County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE