Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 20 mph
- Barometer30.41 in (1031.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-2°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-12°F (-24°C)
Current conditions at
Ottumwa Industrial Airport (KOTM)
Lat: 41.11 Lon: -92.45 Elev: 842ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 17. Wind chill values as low as -5. North northwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -10. North northwest wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 17. Wind chill values as low as -10. North northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Wind chill values as low as zero. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 25. East southeast wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Sunday Night A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Davis County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE