Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 16 mph
- Barometer30.44 in (1033.5 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Bloomington / Normal (KBMI)
Lat: 40.48 Lon: -88.93 Elev: 892ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values between -1 and -6. Northwest wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 0. Wind chill values between -7 and -12. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values between -3 and -13. Southwest wind 7 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Wind chill values between 4 and 9. South southwest wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. South southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for McLean County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE