Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 5 mph
- Barometer30.32 in (1028.9 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Hagerstown Regional Airport (KHGR)
Lat: 39.71 Lon: -77.73 Elev: 722ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 31. West wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 6 to 11 mph in the evening.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. West wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Saturday Snow likely before noon, then rain and snow. High near 34. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Washington County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE