Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 18 G 23 mph
- Barometer29.72 in (1006.8 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill31°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Fort Knox (KFTK)
Lat: 37.9°N Lon: 85.97°W Elev: 784ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 39. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 22 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tonight A slight chance of rain showers before 7pm, then scattered flurries between 7pm and 8pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 9 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 45. Wind chill values as low as 9 early. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32. South wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. Southwest wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 55.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Meade County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE