Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 10 mph
- Barometer30.29 in (1025.6 mb)
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Bridgeport/Igor|Sikorsky Memorial (KBDR)
Lat: 41.18 Lon: -73.13 Elev: 13ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 29. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. West wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 27. Northeast wind 9 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow before 1am, then snow and freezing rain. Low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain and snow showers before 1pm, then a chance of rain between 1pm and 4pm, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Fairfield, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE