Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer30.13 in (1021.1 mb)
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Chicopee Falls / Westover Air Force Base (KCEF)
Lat: 42.21 Lon: -72.53 Elev: 246ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow, mainly before 5am. Patchy fog after 5am. Low around 29. North wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Snow, mainly after 2am. Low around 22. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before noon, then rain likely. Patchy fog between noon and 2pm, then Patchy fog after 4pm. High near 37. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 7pm. Patchy fog before 8pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Hampshire, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE