Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 9 mph
- Barometer30.22 in (1024.0 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Clarksburg Benedum Airport (KCKB)
Lat: 39.29 Lon: -80.23 Elev: 1247ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 29. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after noon. High near 39. Light east wind becoming southeast 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, snow showers, and sleet likely before 3am, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 3am and 4am, then a chance of snow showers after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Southeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. West wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night Cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Upshur County, WV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE