Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer30.22 in (1025.4 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility1.25 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Pittsburgh International Airport (KPIT)
Lat: 40.51 Lon: -80.22 Elev: 1150ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow showers, mainly before midnight. Low around 22. Northwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 27. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain and sleet likely before 10pm, then rain and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. East wind 8 to 10 mph becoming south after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday A chance of rain before 5pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Washington County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE