Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.41 in (1030.2 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Burlington Alamance Regional Airport (KBUY)
Lat: 36.05 Lon: -79.47 Elev: 617ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Light north wind.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 49. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night A chance of drizzle after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Calm wind.
- Saturday A chance of drizzle, then rain, mainly after 8am. High near 43. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before 10pm. Low around 39. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Alamance County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE