Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 3 mph
- Barometer29.95 in (1014.9 mb)
- Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Caldwell, Essex County Airport (KCDW)
Lat: 40.88 Lon: -74.28 Elev: 174ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 3pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 42 by 5pm. North wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain before 3am, then rain and sleet likely. Low around 32. Light northeast wind becoming north 5 to 10 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday A slight chance of rain and sleet before 9am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Snow before 4am, then rain, snow and sleet, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 44. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Essex, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE