Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.65 in (1004.5 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
Current conditions at
Caldwell, Essex County Airport (KCDW)
Lat: 40.88°N Lon: 74.28°W Elev: 174ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 58. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Tonight A chance of rain, mainly after 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 40. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 4pm. High near 57. East wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 21. Breezy, with a south wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west 18 to 23 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 23 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Essex, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE