Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 16 G 26 mph
- Barometer29.46 in (997.3 mb)
- Dewpoint57°F (14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Cape Girardeau Regional Airport (KCGI)
Lat: 37.23°N Lon: 89.58°W Elev: 337ft.
Cape Girardeau MO
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Southwest wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Wednesday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly before 7am. Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 40 by 4pm. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 18 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light north northeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 52. Light west southwest wind becoming south southwest 8 to 13 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 36. South southwest wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. South southwest wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. South southwest wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. Northwest wind around 7 mph.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. North northwest wind around 7 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
- Sunday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 54. North wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. North wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. North northeast wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35. East wind around 9 mph becoming south after midnight.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 11 to 16 mph increasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cape Girardeau County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE