Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 7 mph
- Barometer30.48 in (1032.6 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill11°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Cape Girardeau Regional Airport (KCGI)
Lat: 37.23 Lon: -89.58 Elev: 337ft.
Cape Girardeau MO
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 19. South southwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday A chance of rain and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then freezing rain and sleet likely. Increasing clouds, with a high near 34. Light south wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Night Freezing rain and sleet likely before 7pm, then snow and sleet between 7pm and 1am, then rain or freezing rain after 1am. Low around 32. South southeast wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Rain or freezing rain before 7am, then a chance of rain between 7am and 1pm. High near 38. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. South southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. South southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. West southwest wind around 8 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. West northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. South southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. South wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cape Girardeau County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE