Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer30.32 in (1027.3 mb)
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill11°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Danbury Municipal Airport (KDXR)
Lat: 41.37 Lon: -73.48 Elev: 456ft.
Carmel Hamlet NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as -2. West wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 25. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers and freezing rain before 1pm, then a slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Putnam County, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE