Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.41 in
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility0.15 mi
Current conditions at
Monett Municipal Airport (KHFJ)
Lat: 36.91 Lon: -94.01 Elev: 1314ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Wind chill values as low as 12. Northwest wind 6 to 13 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 9. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 40. Wind chill values as low as 3. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 26. Wind chill values as low as 19. South wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday A chance of freezing rain before noon, then rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 38. South wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Night A chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Barry County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE