Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 8 mph
- Barometer30.28 in
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill9°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Monett Municipal Airport (KHFJ)
Lat: 36.91 Lon: -94.01 Elev: 1314ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a steady temperature around 21. Wind chill values as low as 11. Southwest wind around 8 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Wind chill values as low as 11. Southwest wind 6 to 13 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 11. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 40. Wind chill values as low as 6. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. South wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday A chance of freezing rain before noon, then rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Friday Night A chance of rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Barry County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE