Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 8 mph
- Barometer29.58 in (1001.4 mb)
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73°N Lon: 86.27°W Elev: 810ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain and thunderstorms likely before 1am, then rain and possibly a thunderstorm between 1am and 3am, then rain after 3am. Low around 33. Light north wind becoming northeast 6 to 11 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Snow, possibly mixed with sleet, becoming all snow after 2pm. Temperature falling to around 24 by 5pm. Breezy, with a north wind 23 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night A 30 percent chance of snow before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -4. North northwest wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Wind chill values as low as -3. West northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27. South southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. Breezy.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE