Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 6 mph
- Barometer30.26 in (1025.9 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill7°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73 Lon: -86.27 Elev: 810ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. South southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. South southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly after 9pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 26. Southeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 33. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE