Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.17 in (1023.6 mb)
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
Current conditions at
Cedar Rapids, The Eastern Iowa Airport (KCID)
Lat: 41.89 Lon: -91.7 Elev: 840ft.
Cedar Rapids IA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 11. South wind around 5 mph becoming east after midnight.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 16. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Thursday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Linn County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE