Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Lt Snow, Freezing Fog
- Wind SpeedWNW 3 MPH
- Barometer30.29 in
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility0.00 mi
Current conditions at
Medford, Rogue Valley International Airport (KMFR)
Lat: 42.38111 Lon: -122.87222 Elev: 1329ft.
Central Point OR
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely after 4pm. Areas of dense freezing fog before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tonight Rain likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of showers before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 47. Calm wind.
- Friday Night Patchy fog after 10pm. Patchy freezing fog after 10pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Light east wind.
- Saturday Patchy fog before 10am. Patchy freezing fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Light east wind.
- Saturday Night Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Sunday Night Patchy freezing fog. Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Monday Night Patchy fog. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jackson County, OR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE