Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Freezing Rain
- Wind SpeedNE 13 G 23 mph
- Barometer30.18 in (1022.3 mb)
- Dewpoint24°F (-4°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport (KCHO)
Lat: 38.14°N Lon: 78.45°W Elev: 623ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, freezing rain, and sleet before 2pm, then a chance of rain and sleet between 2pm and 4pm, then a chance of rain after 4pm. High near 40. North wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 30. North wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. Southwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57. Light and variable wind.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 64.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 69.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Wednesday A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Albemarle, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE