Severe Weather, Wintry Weather and Flash Flooding all possible on Saturday
A complex and large storm system brings a variety of weather concerns to much of the country today. For parts of the Ohio, Tennessee and Mississippi River Valleys severe weather is possible. In these areas, the main threat is expected to be damaging winds with a few tornadoes possible. In parts of the Southern Plains, Midwest and New England wintry weather is expected.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 17 G 25 mph
- Barometer29.96 in (1014.3 mb)
- Dewpoint55°F (13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport (KCHO)
Lat: 38.14 Lon: -78.45 Elev: 623ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A chance of showers after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 62. South wind 14 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Scattered showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 73. South wind 10 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Sunday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 57. South wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Showers. High near 61. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Christmas Day Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Albemarle, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE