Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedSW 15 G 23 mph
- Barometer29.82 in
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill51°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
Cherokee Municipal Airport (KCKP)
Lat: 42.73°N Lon: 95.56°W Elev: 1227ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 54. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 59. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north northwest in the afternoon.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 36. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Rain and snow before 1pm, then snow between 1pm and 4pm, then a chance of rain and snow after 4pm. High near 37. Breezy, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain and snow before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cherokee County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE