Winter Storm Continues Across Northeast
The complex winter storm that has been bringing freezing rain and snow to parts of the eastern U.S. will continue to affect much of the Northeast through the day on Monday, with snow, sleet and freezing rain, before moving off the East Coast on Tuesday. Meanwhile, dangerously cold temperatures and wind chill will continue in the western half of the U.S.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.11 in
- Dewpoint-5°F (-21°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Cherokee Municipal Airport (KCKP)
Lat: 42.73 Lon: -95.56 Elev: 1227ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Patchy blowing snow after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 13 by midnight. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 15 to 20 mph becoming west northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 22. Blustery, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night Snow likely, mainly before 3am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -4. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 6. Wind chill values as low as -21. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 6 by 5am. South southwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 15.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Monday A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cherokee County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE