Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.56 in (1036.2 mb)
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Parsons, Tri-City Airport (KPPF)
Lat: 37.3 Lon: -95.5 Elev: 899ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 38. Wind chill values as low as -2. South southwest wind 6 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 28. South wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Friday A chance of rain or freezing rain before 9am, then a chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 40. South wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Friday Night A chance of rain before 7pm, then a chance of drizzle between 7pm and midnight, then freezing drizzle likely after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 27. South wind 5 to 13 mph becoming north northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 34. North wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Montgomery County, KS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE