Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 12 mph
- Barometer30.22 in (1023.6 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Baltimore-Washington International Airport (KBWI)
Lat: 39.19 Lon: -76.67 Elev: 148ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Calm wind.
- Saturday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 4pm. High near 34. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before midnight. Low around 32. East wind 6 to 14 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 9 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Howard County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE