Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 10 mph
- Barometer30.30 in (1027.3 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Columbia Regional Airport (KCOU)
Lat: 38.83 Lon: -92.22 Elev: 893ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 23. South wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Freezing rain likely before 1pm, then rain or freezing rain likely between 1pm and 2pm, then rain likely after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. South wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain likely before 7pm, then occasional snow. Low around 28. South wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow likely before 7am. Cloudy, with a high near 31. North wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Boone County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE