Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedSW 6 mph
- Barometer29.74 in
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill31°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Columbus Municipal Automatic Weather Observing (KOLU)
Lat: 41.46°N Lon: 97.35°W Elev: 1480ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Southwest wind around 9 mph.
- Friday Rain likely, mainly after 5pm. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 42. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming north 16 to 21 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely before 10pm, then a slight chance of snow between 10pm and 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. North wind 11 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. North wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 64.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 36.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Tuesday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 47. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Platte County, NE
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE