Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 16 mph
- Barometer30.12 in (1019.9 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain, mainly before 4am. Low around 33. North wind 11 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of rain or drizzle before 7am. Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 43. Northwest wind 9 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 24. North wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 32. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Snow and sleet likely before 1am, then freezing rain and sleet between 1am and 4am, then rain likely after 4am. Low around 32. Light east wind increasing to 8 to 13 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before noon. High near 46. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Union, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE