Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 3 mph
- Barometer29.67 in (1005.3 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
Current conditions at
Chicago / West Chicago, Dupage Airport (KDPA)
Lat: 41.93°N Lon: 88.25°W Elev: 758ft.
Crystal Lake IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 30 percent chance of rain after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Tonight Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 10pm. Low around 21. Blustery, with a north northeast wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Wednesday A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a steady temperature around 21. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -4. North wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for McHenry County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE