Pacific Front Will Bring Snow to Intermountain West, Northern Plains
A weather system moving into the Pacific Northwest will bring rain to coastal regions, along with snow to the Intermountain West and northern Plains Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall amounts will generally be light, though as much as 5-8 inches is possible in the higher elevations of the mountains. The system will also bring much colder air to the northern Plains and Upper Midwest beginning on Thurs.
- Wind SpeedS 17 G 25 mph
- Barometer29.86 in (1012.4 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago / West Chicago, Dupage Airport (KDPA)
Lat: 41.93 Lon: -88.25 Elev: 758ft.
Crystal Lake IL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 34 by 2am. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 20 mph.
- Thursday Areas of drizzle after noon. Areas of fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 37. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Rain or freezing rain, becoming all freezing rain after midnight. Low around 30. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Friday A chance of snow and freezing rain before noon, then a slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming west northwest after midnight.
- Saturday A chance of snow and sleet, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Freezing rain and sleet, possibly mixed with rain. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Snow. Cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Monday A slight chance of flurries. Mostly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Christmas Day Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for McHenry County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE