Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 5 mph
- Barometer29.62 in (1003.3 mb)
- Dewpoint38°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23°N Lon: 76.85°W Elev: 348ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Light east wind.
- Wednesday Rain before 2pm, then rain and thunderstorms between 2pm and 5pm, then rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 5pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. High near 57. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain and snow showers before 11pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 11pm and 2am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 17. Windy, with a northwest wind 24 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as zero. Blustery, with a northwest wind 22 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Northwest wind 11 to 16 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Perry County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE