Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 12 mph
- Barometer29.88 in (1011.5 mb)
- Dewpoint43°F (6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill47°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Cape Girardeau Regional Airport (KCGI)
Lat: 37.23 Lon: -89.58 Elev: 337ft.
East Prairie MO
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 41. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Thursday Rain before 3pm, then rain and sleet, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Temperature falling to around 33 by 4pm. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Night Freezing rain and sleet, possibly mixed with rain before 9pm, then freezing rain and sleet between 9pm and 3am, then sleet after 3am. Low around 27. North wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.3 to 0.5 of an inch possible. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday Sleet before noon, then snow and sleet between noon and 3pm, then snow after 3pm. High near 27. North wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. North wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. North northeast wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Night Freezing rain and sleet likely after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Northeast wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Rain, freezing rain, and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow and freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west in the evening.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind around 7 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. North northwest wind around 8 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 24. North northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 30. Light and variable wind.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Mississippi County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE