Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 7 mph
- Barometer30.19 in
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Alton / St. Louis Regional (KALN)
Lat: 38.91 Lon: -90.05 Elev: 558ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A slight chance of rain or freezing rain before 2pm, then rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. South wind 5 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Tonight Occasional rain before 10pm, then occasional snow. Low around 29. Southeast wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Occasional snow, mainly before 7am. High near 33. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Madison County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE