Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 20 G 25 mph
- Barometer29.93 in
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 39.07°N Lon: 88.53°W Elev: 587ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 20 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. North northwest wind 11 to 16 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34. South southwest wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Southwest wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Effingham County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE