Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 7 mph
- Barometer30.26 in
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 39.07 Lon: -88.53 Elev: 587ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of snow before noon, then a chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a high near 28. East wind 7 to 13 mph becoming south southeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tonight A chance of freezing drizzle before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 20. South southeast wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. West wind 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. West northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. West southwest wind 7 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Effingham County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE