Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.64 in
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 39.07°N Lon: 88.53°W Elev: 587ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a high near 72. South southwest wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph.
- Tonight Occasional rain before 4am, then rain and snow. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 33. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north northwest 11 to 16 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Rain and snow before 1pm, then a slight chance of snow. Temperature falling to around 30 by 5pm. Breezy, with a north northwest wind 22 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. North northwest wind 7 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Monday A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Effingham County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE