Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 8 mph
- Barometer30.54 in (1036.9 mb)
- Dewpoint-1°F (-18°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-2°F (-19°C)
Current conditions at
Sioux Gateway Airport (KSUX)
Lat: 42.41 Lon: -96.38 Elev: 1102ft.
Elk Point SD
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 13 by 1am. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around 7. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Union County, SD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE