Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.11 in (1019.5 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Van Nuys, Van Nuys Airport (KVNY)
Lat: 34.21250 Lon: -118.49083 Elev: 797ft.
3 Miles ESE Woodland Hills CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 56. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Tonight Rain after 4am. Low around 42. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Rain, mainly before 4pm. High near 54. South wind around 10 mph becoming west in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. Breezy, with a west wind 10 to 20 mph becoming north in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 55. Breezy, with a northeast wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 35.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 58. Breezy.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 36.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 62. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 40.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 67.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 42.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 68.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Los Angeles County San Fernando Valley, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE