Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 24 mph
- Barometer29.63 in
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill40°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Pontiac Municipal Airport (KPNT)
Lat: 40.92°N Lon: 88.63°W Elev: 659ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain before 1am, then rain and snow between 1am and 4am, then snow after 4am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 26. Windy, with a northeast wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Wednesday Snow with areas of blowing snow before 10am, then areas of blowing snow and a slight chance of snow between 10am and 1pm, then patchy blowing snow after 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to around 21 by 5pm. Windy, with a north northwest wind 20 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -2. North wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Wind chill values as low as -2. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Breezy.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Sunday A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Livingston County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE