Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 5 mph
- Barometer30.13 in (1021.1 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Caldwell, Essex County Airport (KCDW)
Lat: 40.88 Lon: -74.28 Elev: 174ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 19. West wind around 8 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. West wind around 7 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 27. West wind around 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. West wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night A chance of flurries after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Essex, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE