Winter weather making a return to parts of the central and eastern U.S.
After a brief taste of spring on Saturday, conditions will deteriorate on Sunday from the mid-Mississippi River Valley to the mid-Atlantic. A cold front will usher in unseasonably cold temperatures while a storm gathers strength in the Southeast and East Coast. This will bring a chance of late-season snow, particularly for the central Appalachians and mid-Atlantic.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 6 mph
- Barometer29.75 in
- Dewpoint58°F (14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Palestine Municipal Airport (KPSN)
Lat: 31.78°N Lon: 95.71°W Elev: 423ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 1am. Some of the storms could be severe. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday A chance of rain, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59. Windy, with a north northwest wind 5 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 62. North wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 44. Light southwest wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the evening.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 77. South wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 46. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming north northeast after midnight.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 70. East wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. East southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 71.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Freestone County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE