Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer30.56 in (1034.7 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Washington DC, Reagan National Airport (KDCA)
Lat: 38.86 Lon: -77.03 Elev: 16ft.
Falls Church VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow before 1pm, then freezing rain and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then freezing rain after 4pm. High near 32. North wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Freezing rain before 1am, then rain or freezing rain. Low around 29. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 10am. High near 40. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 8 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Snow likely, mainly between 10am and 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. North wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Saturday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE