Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 16 mph
- Barometer30.13 in (1020.3 mb)
- Dewpoint1°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Portland International Jetport (KPWM)
Lat: 43.65 Lon: -70.3 Elev: 79ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -12. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Increasing clouds, with a high near 14. Wind chill values as low as -13. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Snow, mainly after 7pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 11. Wind chill values as low as -9. Blustery, with a northeast wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Sunday Snow, mainly before 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 20. Wind chill values as low as -10. Windy, with a northeast wind 20 to 30 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of snow before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 1.
- Tuesday A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Tuesday Night A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Cumberland, ME
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE