Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedNW 5 mph
- Barometer29.62 in (1003.2 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Farmingdale, Republic Airport (KFRG)
Lat: 40.73°N Lon: 73.41°W Elev: 85ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Cloudy, with a low around 39. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday Rain, mainly after noon. High near 53. East wind 7 to 13 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before midnight, then rain showers likely between midnight and 2am, then a chance of rain and snow showers after 2am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 22. Blustery, with a south wind 15 to 22 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Blustery, with a northwest wind 23 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph decreasing to 7 to 12 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Nassau, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE